Saturday, January 21, 2012

Faithful Friday: Unconditional Love

My baby turned twelve on Thursday.  This week has been filled with all things Noah.  I'm completely wrapped up in preparations to celebrate the blessed day he came into our lives.  With each activity, I hope it shows him a fraction of how special he is and what he means to us.

Earlier in the week, while away from him, I thought about how big my love for him is.  It's all-encompassing and expands through every fiber of my soul.  Being separated from him, if only overnight, just magnifies that love.  It makes me long to reconnect with him.  And he feels the same.  As I kissed him goodbye before the sunrise on Tuesday, on my way out of town, he grabbed tightly hold of me, yet still half asleep.  Once on the road, a simple text "miss you already" appeared under his name.

There is no greater love than that of a parent and a child.  They are a part of you, a reflection, and yet so much more than you could ever hope to be.  Even before he was born, like most parents, my only request was that he be happy and healthy. 

I've reflected on this throughout the week, comparing the love for my children to God's love for me.  While it doesn't seem possible that anyone could love me more than I love them, He does.  And just like I want the best for Noah, that's God's hope too. 

John 15: 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 

It wouldn't matter what Noah does, I still love him.  That will never change.  Even as a toddler, still sniffling from a punishment, he'd crawl in my lap looking for affection.  Regardless of whatever small act he did to disobey, he received it.  With a hug and a kiss, he'd have the reassurance that I loved him still.  And while I pray Noah's path in life never takes him to a place of trouble, I would be there to love and support him through whatever he might face. 

God's love is the same.  He loves me anyway, despite my shortcomings.  Even though I fail, daily, his love is always there.  It is unconditional.  And that brings me great joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png