Friday, October 12, 2012

Faithful Friday: Life Transformed

Tim's changing before my eyes.  When I think back to my husband before his back surgery, compared to where he is now, it's as if a new man has replaced the old one. 

How a body changes during healing has always amazed me.  We've had our share of medical traumas so I've seen (sometimes firsthand) the physical transformation that comes with time and therapy.  When injured, healing comes slowly.  Often we can see the changes as wounds fade, strength increases and energy returns.  But with many, such as back surgery, there's also a lot of healing inside that we can't see. 

My husband has always been able to walk circles around me.  Being beside him and sensing his difficulty in taking those first steps was difficult for me to watch.  As the days continued, our walks moved outdoors.  At first we strolled the short distance of our sidewalk, leading from the front to the side door.  Steps were cautious, slow, and sometimes painful.  Eventually we increased the distance by turning down our driveway and onto the road.  For several days we only made it past two or three other homes, turning around before he grew tired.  Then, as time and healing progressed, we increased the distance. 

Making it to the curve, halfway around our culdesac loop, was a milestone.  I remember watching Tim's stride, noticing strength in his steps and hope return.  Last night, I realized as we completed a full lap there was no change in his appearance.  The walk was effortless.  We continued.  Moving into the house and completing our nightly therapy routine, the marked improvement was also seen in his movements.  Exercises that were once difficult are now being done with ease.  There is no shaking in the muscles, they move solidly. 

My husband grows stronger every day.  Restored.  Revived.  Renewed.


Those words are also synonymous with salvation.  At least that is how I feel my life has changed with God.  He transforms me daily.  And I see the transformation he brings in those close to me.  Healing from the inside out.

Thank you, God, for the changes you've made - and will continue to make in me and those I love. 


Now you are wearing a new life, a life that is new every day. You are growing in your understanding of the one who made you. You are becoming more and more like him.  - Colossians 3:10




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png