Friday, December 14, 2012

Faithful Friday: Crowd Pleaser

I spend more time in groups this month than probably the entire year.  And almost all of them involve food!

Within the past week, we've had Tim's annual fire department dinner, a youth progressive dinner, two company Christmas meals, and tonight, we'll host our monthly Lifegroup.  (Yes, I wear a lot of elastic!)

In a crowd, I'm an observer, a people watcher.  I'll talk quietly with whoever is around me, but for the most part, I'm a wallflower.  As such, I'm normally not one for crowds and will choose a quiet night at home any day, but when they're filled with dear friends, it's something I enjoy. 

Tim's fire dinner was a great time, as usual.  New members mixed with veterans, spouses, and tiny additions.  It was nice to see the next generation coming through, as I sat on the sidelines to support my hubby, salt and pepper hair among the young pups.  Watching him with his second family brings me joy.

Keep on loving each other as brothers. (Heb 13:1)


Sunday night the kids experienced their first progressive dinner.  I helped at the spaghetti house, so I was able to taste a portion of their fun.  They came home excitedly laughing about the dirty Santa game.  We are so blessed to have such a positive outlet for them to be in and spiritual friends to know.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. (Eccl 4:12)


Tim and I both had company meals this week, making our evening dinners very light to balance out the feasts.  I traveled to Bowling Green, an office I only get to see every month or so, but one that is always a joy to visit.  It was extra special this trip because both my current boss and my former were there.  I consider myself very fortunate to have two wonderful mentors in my career, who motivate and challenge me.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thes 5:11)


And last, but certainly not least, our Lifegroup.  Tim and I are thrilled to host this month's in our home tonight.  Lifegroup is such a new concept for us, even as simple as it is.  It's basically a small group from church that meets about once a month for fellowship, food and prayer.  I remember several months back, as we attended our first, and how hesitant we were.  Our fears were quickly relieved as the warmth, love and friendship we initially felt when visiting EHBC was present just the same in that group.  Over this year, we've shared recipes, tears, laughter, prayers, and grown closer.  We are so glad we stepped out of our comfort zones and into these people's lives, for they've made ours so much better.

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.    (Gal 6:2)















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png