Friday, March 8, 2013

Faithful Friday: Send Me God

"Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now." ~Saint Teresa of Avila

 

 

 

As my husband is in the fire service, we are frequently shown the needs of this community, and of those passing through.  We meet people at some of the most critical moments of their life.  Aside from him doing his obvious job, Tim very often goes above and beyond in helping those in greatest need.  It's just his nature and one of the reasons I love him so.

When I was in fire service alongside him, it was my natural inclination to be drawn to the children involved.  I prayed on the way to a wreck or house fire.  Once on scene, I would gravitate to the little ones.  Whether it be to calm them for medical care, or distract them with a teddy bear, the mother in me would seek them out to help.

Last night, on our way home from a school function, Tim received a call seeking help.  I believe it was no coincidence that God had us directly across the street from where the need was. 

An immigrant family, who spoke little to no English, was stranded.  Having traveled many miles, with many more to go, they'd reached the end of their abiliy to continue further.  We felt blessed to help in the small way we did and to join a team of others who provided care.

Upon meeting the father, and him thanking us repeatedly in broken English, he went to his van and opened the door.  Out jumped two of the most beautiful little boys, bouncing with energy.  Oh, my soul they were heartbreakingly cute.  Though we didn't speak the same language, our smiles spoke to each other.  Loving, sweet, bubbly hugs from both of them filled my joy tank beyond capacity and I've replayed that simple, yet profound scene, over and over since.  I think the stickers found in our truck to share with them filled theirs.  Happy squeals are universal, even if I didn't know what they said to their mom.

On our way home the kids shared what an impact that made on them and how good it felt to help someone in need.  We all went to bed feeling grateful for God to putting us in the right place at the right time.  It's amazing the opportunities that he'll send your way, if you just open yourself up to him and SUBMIT to him to be used!


 

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.   Matthew 25:30

 

1 comments:

joyfulchallenge said...

How kind of you! Hope your week is filled with JOY!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png